Friday, July 2, 2010


Our last dyeing day was an experimental day with a new product -Drimarene dye. These dyes are designed to use less water when rinsing and when mixed with not deteriorate or loose colour intensitity. On the same day we also used sun dyes with twisted fabric to create beautiful colours. We tried fabric around large rope with string to hold it then applied paint/dye and left it until the colours had migrated. We then used pvc pipe and roushed the fabric on the pipe. Other techniques were with marbles and rubber bands. I was amazed with the range of different effects and everyone's was unique.