Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Flower Garden








I recently held a workshop - Flower Garden- photo on right. The students dyed there backgrounds and then free machining the design into the background and then using ink tense pencils and water soluble crayons to colour the flowers. Some students used different colours and some changed their designs which I encourage in my workshops to bring out that creativity that is in all of us.


I then went back into the background with more free machining to embellish the ferns and give more texture to the overall finish. Hot fix crystals add a beautiful finish.






The closer photo here on the right is Linn Dixon's finished version with beautiful magical effects. I love the way the colours have blended in the background. Lyn added mushrooms and a Honey eater at the top.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, Lyn's version looks awesome. Looking forward to what we do at Bribie. Better get the creativity happening.

    ReplyDelete