Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Festival of quilts

I am overwhelmed that another of my quilts has been accepted into the Houston quilt show. It is in the Festival Of Quilts, this years theme is Tradition.  My title is "Breaking Tradition" and I worked around the theme of my spiritual journey from being bought up catholic and how my pathways went in different directions - some good and some not so good, to come to where I am today on the path of life.
I have memories of my grandfather who was a bit fanatical about going to church every Sunday and we were lined up and off we would go rain, hail or shine.  Although he was good to me and my siblings he had a funny way of saying what you should and shouldn't do and then he would be caught out doing something he had said you shouldn't do.  Although born in Australia he had a strong Irish heritage and loved to sing and play the accordion.
 The main colours are lime green and red violet. I dyed most of the fabric to go in it. I think there was only one piece of commercial fabric in it.  In this section it is judged around the first week of September.  It is one of 22 quilts in this section and will tour through the USA for two years.  I will post some photos when the judging is over.

1 comment: